Nagios Core 4.2.3 has been released and can be downloaded from the downloads page. This bug fix release includes:
- Fixed a root privilege escalation (CVE-2016-8641)
- During verification, if a ‘serviceescalation’ failed verification, the user was not informed why it failed, and a misspelled hostname did not cause a verification failure
- The group used for some files and directories on FreeBSD and OS/X was changed from ‘root’ (which doesn’t normally exist) to ‘wheel’
- Setting ‘daemon_dumps_core=1’ in the config file in most cases, would still not product a core dump when the nagios process failed. It should now correctly produce a core dump.
- Fix for compiling on 64-bit SPARC machines
- The “Quick Search” was not displaying services in some circumstances
For more information regarding everything contained in this release, you may view the changelog.
Thanks to all of the community members who reported bugs, contributed patches, and helped in testing the new release.