After just wrapping up our third annual Nagios World Conference, we’re ready to shift into high gear to improve all aspects of Nagios. The Nagios World Conference was a huge success and showcased many new developments in Nagios – including a new cross-platform monitoring agent (NCPA), a stable release of a new monitoring engine (Nagios Core 4.x), new options for scalability and distributed monitoring, agent deployment technology, and Netflow monitoring capabilities. In short, total awesomeness.
We’re excited for the year ahead and want to include you in the opportunities that lie ahead. Volunteer to help out and you might just become a next-generation Nagios star!
Here are a few of the things we’re looking to accomplish in the year ahead:
* Improve and polish the new Nagios Core 4.x monitoring engine
* Begin work on Nagios Core 5.x – the next generation monitoring engine
* Improve the patch review, testing, and acceptance procedures for Nagios code contributions
* Improve the capabilities of the new Nagios Cross-Platform Agent (NCPA)
* Improve the capabilities of the Nagios SNMP Trap Interface (NSTI)
* Provide additional APIs across all Nagios solutions for increased integration and customizability
* Provide additional developer resources to make extending and integrating with Nagios solutions easier
Although we’ll consider working with all applicants, we’re initially focusing on individuals who are interested in one or more of the following:
* Development (primarily C/C++ and/or PHP)
* Testing (unit tests, build tests, etc)
* Documentation (HOWTOs, tutorials, etc)
Interested in joining the Nagios team to help design, build, and implement the next generation of awesomeness in IT monitoring? Are you a next-generation Nagios star? Let us know why you think you’d be an awesome addition to the Nagios team by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org